Tuesday 14 May 2013

Macini set to be sacked by Manchester City


Reports are coming from the UK that the City hierarchy have decided Mancini's time at the club is over.

Reports on Friday suggested that City had already agreed a deal with Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini to succeed Mancini.

If those reports are true, the decision to dismiss Mancini had been taken even before City's humiliation in the FA Cup final, which they lost 1-0 to Wigan.

After the game, Mancini expressed his annoyance with City, who neither confirmed nor denied the rumours.
He said: "I don't know why the club didn't stop this.
"If it's true we will see in the next two weeks. If it's not true, you wrote a lot of stupid things for six months. If it's true, I'm stupid because I didn't understand anything about this.

"But I am sure I work with serious people and I'm sure I did a good job, even if we lost this final. Two weeks, maybe one week. Next Sunday. The season will finish. I will know if it's true or not." He added: "I have a four-year contract, not one. There is no reason for me to ask. Do you think the chairman told me not to worry before the game?

"How many teams did better than us this year? Manchester United. Swansea, I don't think anyone else. "Our target at the start of the season was to try and win the Premier League. But our mistake started in the last market. We didn't do enough to improve our team. After winning the Premier League, the second year is more difficult.

"Then maybe you don't get the Champions League. You can have a bad season. We had problems because we lost some players. We lost Yaya (Toure) for a month. We had a lot of problems this season.

"Every manager takes the responsibility. That is normal. But I don't think last year, when Manchester United lost the Premier League and didn't play in the FA Cup final they had all the discussion we did."

Although Pellegrini did not confirm or deny the story ahead of his team's Primera Division match against Sevilla on Sunday, he declared he and several players would not be staying at Malaga, due to the club's ailing financial situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment